Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Like the Tin Man

On Monday I had an all-day company meeting, two brief highlights:

1) During the opening speech and introduction, my boss’s boss’s boss wavered about 3.5 minutes into it and proceeded to pass out. He kind of just wavered there behind the podium, glassy-eyed. The theme of the meeting was courage, and I mistakenly at first thought he might be doing something to enhance this point. However, when people started screaming out “call 911” I figured that wasn’t the case. Luckily someone caught him before he bought it, but it was weird. Turned out he had been sick all weekend and hadn’t eaten anything for breakfast. Not smart.

2) As mentioned above, the theme for this meeting was courage. Numerous portions of the meeting referenced The Wizard of Oz, including portions of the film interspliced in slide shows and two presenters dressing up as bad witches. The real double-footed Jimmy kick was at the end of the meeting, where they asked everybody to stand up and sing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”. I couldn’t believe people were participating in this, are you kidding me? I just about lost it right then and there.

I have a weird job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously, that is just way way too ironic. very funny. pee my pants funny! I so live vicariously through your blog. mommy time is sooo boring! -vanessa