Wednesday, January 3, 2007

2007

Since I'm here in a new city it sometimes gets difficult to keep emailing people with what's been going on. Often I'll cut and paste entire emails just so I'm not re-typing the same things over and over (sorry about that). So if you are reading this, there's a good chance that I sent you an invite to do so. Saves me time and Carpal Tunnel.

We rang in the new year by going to see Hepcat and The Aggrolites at a place called Slim's. J. Ryan came up for the weekend and was in attendance as well. Slim's is a little bit bigger than the Triple Rock Social Club, it probably holds about 500 people and had a nice big bar extending along the side wall and curving to the back wall. There appeared to be a handful of tables on a raised mezzanine in back, but I didn't venture up there.

The Aggrolites put out one of my favorite albums of 2006. They are a soulful, laid-back ska band that reminds me of summer. I was having a blast watching their show, they are pretty charismatic and can put on a heck of a show. I later talked to the keyboardist for a minute or so and got some free stickers, but they didn't bring any XL t-shirts for the fat kids.

Seeing Hepcat again was fantastic. I recall seeing them everywhere from the 7th St. Entry to playing above the outfield wall at Saint's Stadium. I had previously thought that they had broken up, but I was glad to get a chance to see them again. You can tell they are just having a blast playing the show and getting everybody to move.

At midnight a bunch of balloons dropped, champagne was drank, and kisses were exchanged. It was a great way to start a new year in my new home town.

I hope to keep this updated a couple of times a week, we'll see how that goes. Take care.

1 comment:

summerteeth said...

worst. website. ever. you should spruce it up. i think a racing stripe would look pretty sharp. maybe some speed holes...

Hepcat sux.

B/F/F