Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You Just Spray the Area

On Friday night, I ended up at a party that seems like it could have been lifted from a late 90’s movie (think Go, or something of that ilk).

The night started innocently enough, I picked up some Newcastle and went over to Toby’s. Toby, his roommate Scott, another friend AJ, and I had a couple of drinks and listened to some tunes.

I left there around 9 to go over to Yancy’s pub to meet up with my friends JR, Doug and Cat. Toby and AJ swung over after a while and the six of us hung out and had a few drinks. JR, Doug and Cat left to go to dinner, so the rest of us decided to go to a party that Toby had gotten invited to.

The party was being held at a Tattoo parlor named One Shot Tattoo just down the road. We ran into Toby’s friend Ryan who was leaving the party to go get more beer, so we went with him to pick up some as well. Ryan’s girlfriend is an artist at the parlor, and he was already pretty messed up, so I knew it was going to be an interesting experience.

We roll into the party to find it in full swing. Most everyone, guys and girls, were wearing fake mustaches. Even the Pit-Bull, Precious, was wearing one on her rump. I later found out that Precious was an adopted dog who ended up at the shelter after being shot by the cops during a raid. Nice dog, though.

There were two categories of party attendees. The first subset were the heavily inked, punk rock/rockabilly types. The second group consisted of hard-core gangsters. In striking up a conversation with a guy named Joe, within 30 seconds he let me know that I could get whatever I would need from him, including numerous “Pharmaceuticals” or any weaponry that I’d need. I professed to not really needing a “piece”, but he was quite a salesman. Even though I did not purchase anything, he made sure to write down his name and phone number in case I changed my mind. So now I have a gun guy.

Later, Doug, JR and Rich showed up at the party after dinner. As they walked in I was on my knees playing C-Lo on the floor for 5 bucks a roll. I ended up breaking even.

The occasion for the party was a going-away type of thing for an artist named Sky. It was very difficult to maintain any sense of a normal conversation about his impending move to Boston while there were two girls making out not more than five feet from us. Very distracting.

We finally said goodbye to our new friends around 1:30, and I made it home and into bed by 2:30. I don’t think I’m gonna call Joe, but if anybody needs something, I’ve now got a guy.

Take Care.

No comments: