Monday, March 12, 2007

I Have a Meeting with “The Bobs”

Last week I rolled into work on a Monday morning to discover a 8.5 x 11 announcement sitting on my desk. It turned out we were having a Casual Week. Since I didn’t get the handout the week previous, I was not able to inflict upon my co-workers one of my numerous Hawaiian shirts. Bummer.

Tuesday was Retro or Plaid Day. I wore a nice long-sleeved number that had a feeling of the 70’s about it. There were numerous tie-dye shirts abound, including a couple that were probably a couple of sizes too small for the individuals who chose to wear them.

Wednesday was Denim Day. People were very excited to wear their blue jeans to work. I showed my appreciation by wearing my jet-black Carhardt’s.

Thursday was Americana Day. I did not partake in this particular dress-up day. There was an elderly gentleman that had a great stars and bars shirt that would have made any Texan proud.

Friday was Sports Day. I happily wore my TC style Twins cap all day, mostly twisted off to the side or backwards. There were lots of A’s uniforms and caps that day, and a few NASCAR fan(atics) showed their awesome love of corporate logos.

What was the occasion for this celebration? I have no idea. The sheet said it was a “Casual for a Cause Week”. There were no sign-up sheets for donations, no emails about helping out the elderly, no one coming around trying to support the arts, nothing. I did get a free lunch out of it on Wednesday, which was nice.

Take care,

jeremy

No comments: