Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Girlish Figure’s Demise

Here is a list of my top five favorite new things to eat since I’ve moved to the Left Coast.

Spam Musubi – This is grilled Spam surrounded by a teriyaki-type sauce, rice and seaweed (nori). This is a great starter Hawaiian dish that is a perfect combo of salty and sweet, yum.

Mortadella – This is basically bologna but has pistachios and garlic embedded in it. Nothing better than making a huge sandwich with some Havarti cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo and about a 1/4 pound of Mortadella.

Samosas – This is the Indian/African version of an empanada. Can be filled with meat, poultry or various vegetables, it’s a fantastic appetizer that I’ve come to crave on a consistent basis.

Loco Moco – The perfect food to consume before going on a bender. This is another Hawaiian staple that is essentially a bed of rice, two hamburger patties, two over-easy fried eggs and a butt-load of gravy poured over the top of it. It will fill you up and makes for a solid base for those long nights.

Magner’s Irish Cider – This has become one of my go-to drinks here in the city. A dry, tart, not-too-sweet cider that I’ve become a huge fan of. I can go through these almost as quick as I can go through Grain Belt.

1 comment:

DMFsmooth said...

Sounds like some underdog's food!