Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Scott Adams Would Be Proud

After a little over a half a year into my new position, I received a phone call from the Director of Quality at Safeway to see if I would be interested in applying for a new position. In my opinion, if someone calls you, you might as well interview for it to see what it is about.

Today, I accepted a position as a Quality Assurance Technical Business Analyst, reporting directly to the Group VP of Quality for Safeway. I will be managing data bases, preparing reports and presentations, and who knows what else. It is an awesome opportunity to work with some of the higher-ups in the field, and get some new knowledge.

The commute ends up being about the same, but the new position came with a 15% salary bump, not too shabby.

I start my new gig on June 25th. The best part, the punchline, is that I have to wear a tie. Every day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!!

just don't show then your tattoos, or tell then you are from the midwest. And remeber just becasue yo uwear a tie it does not mean you are impotant.

guttercar said...

Believe me, I know I'm not important. I may have a hard time hiding the middle finger tattoo on my forehead though. Kidding, kidding.

jeremy

Anonymous said...

one of us...
one of us...
one of us...

Anonymous said...

Awesome - but now I am mad. I should have made you pay for more stuff.

suzanne said...

PLEASE take a picture of yourself on June 25 and post it for us. Will this be the first tie-wearing since the wedding?

Congratulations - we're very proud.

guttercar said...

I've had to wear a tie a couple of other times, for interviews of course! I even put one on today when I went over to sign the offer letter. I figure I'll keep it on, I have to get used to it...

jeremy

Anonymous said...

¡Que los diablos!

They didn´t say it had to be a *formal* tie, did they?

Jebus. They´ll have no idea. But congratulations -- it goes without saying.


¿J. RyaƱ?

Sorry, I love this keyboard.

I Bet God Thinks You're Amusing... said...

I think you need to post a picture of you all prettied-out with your tie. However, I do believe a blue mohawk is in order...

Congrats on the new job bud. It is well-deserved!

Anonymous said...

Dogs Playing Poker
Double Helix
those would be my favorite designs... unless they make a tie that says, "My Other Tie Is A Lamborginni". wait, Airwolf. do they make a tie with Airwolf?

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Oh, and does a bola tie count? I believe that technically, they are a nifty southwest take on the tie and might be a neat switch up now and then.
-vanessa